OneView OneView allows users to create and manage groups to which endpoints are assigned. This article details the Groups page and how to create and edit groups.
To view the Groups page in OneView, go to Configure > Groups. The Groups page lists your existing groups, endpoints, and schedules assigned to a group, the group's site, and a drop-down menu to delete the group. In the upper right, click Search groups to display a search bar.
Groups are shown as line items with different columns highlighting specific information. These columns are:
- Group Name: Shows the name of the group.
- Policy: Shows the policy assigned to the group.
- Endpoints: Shows the number of endpoints assigned to the group.
- Site: Shows the site the group belongs to.
- Schedules: Shows the number of schedules assigned to the group.
- On the left navigation menu, click Configure > Groups.
- In the upper right, click Add .
- In the Create Group pop-up window, complete the following fields:
- Group Name: Type a name for the group.
- Site: Select a site to assign the group to.
- Policy Name: Select a policy to assign to the group.
- Schedules: Select one or more scheduled scans to assign to the group.
- Create within existing group (Optional): Check this box to create the group within an existing group
- Parent group: Select the existing group to create the group under.
- Click Save. In the top-right, a confirmation message displays Group has been created successfully.
- Check the box for one or more groups.
- At the top-right of the Groups page, click the ellipsis icon .
- Click Delete.
- A confirmation dialog displays. Click Accept to delete.
Move endpoints into groups
Endpoints are added to a group by moving endpoints into the group. When an endpoint is moved to a group, it uses that group's policy. Endpoints belong to the Default Group unless you change their group.
- Go to Manage > Endpoints.
- Check the boxes next to endpoints you want to add to a group and click Actions.
- In the drop down click Move Group.
- Select a group to move the selected endpoints to and click Save.